Things I missed this winter !!!

I usually like winters, one of the reasons I dint like chennai, is due to its winters, or i can say there is no such season like winters in chennai.
It is strange how the coastal climate, which is mostly known as moderate (Chennai is a bit more hot than moderate though), makes such a huge difference. Bangluru, which is just overnight from Chennai, got a gifted climate.
I should have said that before, in my prayers, that I love winters, so I landed up in United states in middle of the winters. This is by no means an ideal time to land up here. But, I did and i could not help it.
I enjoyed my winters here, but not all humans are like me, they have different interests and most importantly about the winters. So, i found myself, in lack of company, to roam around, to explore.  Although Charlotte, generally have mild winters, but this time I got a grand welcome, with snow every other weekend.
IMG_2170 
Even if its not snow, the temperature is much below people expectations, so people preferred to stay in their cozy homes.
I missed, visiting places in winter here, I missed a lot of things that were seemed not approachable in winter here, I missed ice-skating here, I missed skiing here and all these things which I missed are bothering me just a day before I am flying back to homeland.
I believe, I’ll be coming back soon, but still winters are almost two seasons away. So, whatever I missed, I know, I cant achieve it till next winters.
I did visited Chicago to see some friends there, and “The Windy City” welcomed with some more snow with the usual winds, after the snow had stopped for two weeks -
IMG_2231 IMG_2246

Though, it was more of the freezing rain, and snow accumulation dint happen. So I could capture this beautiful road, later in the day at "Navy Pier" -
IMG_2253
And Chicago is beautiful at nights, this picture was taken from “Skyline” without night mode, kind of tough, used 10 seconds exposure of shutter, without a tripod, so its not clear in details, but still beautiful -
IMG_2439
ciao … will update from India or earlier ..!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

IndiBlogger - The Indian Blogger Community