Killer Instinct ….. and revenge of the time

As I posted earlier, my flight got delayed and here I am, 4 days later, waiting for my flight to get airborne. I like to mention that, this journey of mine from Charlotte to New Delhi was made as long as possible (Charlotte-Chicago-Cairo-Mumbai-Delhi), notable thanks to the Volcanic eruption, Air India and my Company.

I will be travelling for almost 48 hours, minus the roughly 10 Hrs of time-zone difference. And the worst part is I’ll be spending most of the hours on Airports waiting for my next flight. So, I started my fist long halt at Chicago O’Hare International airport, where I landed 8 hours before my flight’s departing schedule.

And I uncovered, I am quite a good “Time-Killer”, I killed the time mercilessly, when I took 4 hours, to reach the international terminal, which usually take 15 minutes at max :). I did give retreat to my senses, tested as many fragrances in stores, that can make your nose numb and finally it felt like I lost Olfaction senses, temporarily. Took multiple demos of high quality headphones and rocking music, knowing that I already have decent headphone. Took some photographs along the way and finally, when no option left, boarded the Airport Transit to get to International terminal.

So, Looking at the watch, I patted myself on back… “Good Work Man !!!, halfway done … now go get some food and enjoy watching movies in transit area, that will be a second killer attack on time, given I have charging points my laptop will be my lethal weapon”. I rushed into the food court, found a Boingo Wi-Fi, got myself online  and bragged about my achievements to friends online, gulping McDonald’s burger and Coke.

While I was waiting for my turn at the counter, everything was looking so great, even the “Aunties” at the Air India counter were looking like damsels, I was smiling like a Cheshire cat for no reason whatsoever and poking to almost everybody with some greetings and comments about the whole “Airline’s Nightmare” over Europe.

When I finally reached the counter, and as they passed me my boarding pass, my smile faded into nothingness, I looked around to see, who the bloody hell cursed me!!? Did the girl behind me was culprit, who must have misunderstood that I was trying to woo her, during this my over joyous period. Or, the south Indian Aunty, in front of me in queue, to whom I have reminded, a dozen times, to move, I thought she was dozing. Or, wait !!! Is the “Time” fighting back… Okay!! now that will be something interesting !!..

Nevertheless, as per the new information, my flight got delayed by further 9 hours, so that makes total of 12 hours remaining. I was smiling again, thinking …. “Man, whoever cursed me, if the person is from my fellow passengers, he/she also did a good self damage !! :D.

Now, Still 5 hours to spare, I watched a movie, window shopped all shops on International terminal, writing this post. I did similar thing more than a year back and posted on my other blog. I am doing good … with my “Killer Instincts” and so far I have a clear edge but don’t want time to fight back again :P.

So, now I am waiting to get Airborne !!! and I believe in Air India, so I must say, I don’t know when I’ll fly and via which place and will end-up in Mumbai ( as scheduled) or Delhi or … !!

Signing off !! will keep you posted .. geez Man !!!… I want to post again while I’ll be Airborne, but I wont be able to get online … but I’ll have plenty of time to kill.

Below are few pics, I clicked, while I was killing my time -

IMG_2446 

IMG_2448 

(the famous “bean” of chicago” sketched by some artist).

IMG_2452IMG_2453

IMG_2454 (long way !!)

 IMG_2456 (lonely … !!)

mysignature


2 comments:

Er. said...

Stop using the ellipses. They kill the post. Nice images, there, by the way!

Sandeep said...

@The Virgin Author! - Thanks fr the comments, i'll take care of that.

Post a Comment

IndiBlogger - The Indian Blogger Community